Canines of Inaria

Welcome to Dogs of Inaria! You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, if you have an account please log in. However, if you are new to the site I recommend registering to see what Inaria is all about!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Canines of Inaria

Welcome to Dogs of Inaria! You are currently viewing this forum as a guest, if you have an account please log in. However, if you are new to the site I recommend registering to see what Inaria is all about!

Canines of Inaria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canines of Inaria

A WolfQuest™ Community Pack

+5
Casey
Artemis
Ares
Shasta
Apollo
9 posters

Ye Old Amusement Park

Apollo
    Apollo
    Assembly Member
    Assembly Member

Miniature Biography
    Mate: No one
    Experience:
    Ye Old Amusement Park Left_bar_bleue100/100Ye Old Amusement Park Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Ye Old Amusement Park Empty Ye Old Amusement Park

Post by Apollo Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:48 am

Ye Old Amusement Park

The old and long abandoned Amusement park is located just outside the cluster of houses, and is deteriorated. The place is dangerous, as some strong jolts of electricity still flow through the equipment, and can suddenly start a machine with no forewarning.

Ye Old Amusement Park Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvgF7muh-YvKYk2yW2XFv0LWEdOuYTNg3dBO1hJO2gUJHHofeA
    Shasta
    Shasta

Miniature Biography
    Mate: None at the moment.
    Experience:
    Ye Old Amusement Park Left_bar_bleue5/100Ye Old Amusement Park Empty_bar_bleue  (5/100)

Ye Old Amusement Park Empty Re: Ye Old Amusement Park

Post by Shasta Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Shasta padded into the old amusement park area, which just so happened to be one of her very favorite places to visit. The old rides that were still semi-stable were fun to jump on and climb, and a lot of old, interesting items still lay around on the ground. Trotting over to the broken and idle Ferris wheel, Shasta hopped on the lowest box car, causing it to slightly sway with the newfound weight being exerted on it. After it came to a stop, the husky sat down, her long, bushy tail dangling loosely over the side.
    Apollo
    Apollo
    Assembly Member
    Assembly Member

Miniature Biography
    Experience:
    Ye Old Amusement Park Left_bar_bleue100/100Ye Old Amusement Park Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Post by Apollo Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:01 pm

I bounded into the area clumsily, tripping over my paws several times before skidding to a stop where the old concession stand used to be. Now it was only a simple run down shack but there were interesting things in there. "If only I could get in" I told myself, jumping on my hind legs and peering in.
    Shasta
    Shasta

Miniature Biography
    Experience:
    Ye Old Amusement Park Left_bar_bleue5/100Ye Old Amusement Park Empty_bar_bleue  (5/100)

Post by Shasta Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Shasta had moved from her sitting position on the Ferris wheel box car to laying down, her front paws slowly swinging over the edge. She wasn't sleepy, so she remained awake, looking around the amusement park at the occasional bird or squirrel, until she saw something much larger enter her field of view.

She had heard it before she saw it, hearing several small crashes and thumps before laying eyes on the large creature, but she assumed it was more than likely a cat or something of the sort. But this animal was far from the size of the cat, and even just glimpsing it behind the chain-link fence she could tell it just might be the largest animal she's ever seen. Standing up on the box car, Shasta jumped delicately onto the pavement, wanting to investigate but ready to run if this thing meant trouble.
    Apollo
    Apollo
    Assembly Member
    Assembly Member

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Apollo Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:10 pm

I heard the rusty ferris wheel cart swing back and forth, coming from the momentum of Shasta jumping off. Curious as to what it was I dropped to all fours and padded towards the ferris wheel, my ears perking forward.
    Shasta
    Shasta

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Shasta Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Rounding around the Ferris wheel, Shasta stopped dead in her tracks as she met face to face with the biggest dog she's ever seen, let alone really thought possible. Pinning her ears back, Shasta was caught between the moment of staying to see exactly who and what it was, or running for her life. But the way the canine was standing, and just it's overall appearance told the husky that it didn't want any trouble, so she tried communicating with it.

"H-hello," she stammered, looking up slightly fearfully at the dog that was much bigger and taller than herself.
    Apollo
    Apollo
    Assembly Member
    Assembly Member

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Apollo Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 pm

"Hi" I barked loudly, wagging my thin tail. "I don't think I've seen you before... are you in the pack?" I asked quickly, rather than just my tail wagging my whole hind end was swaying back and forth.
    (Lol, my Doberman does that, wiggle butt, so I'm assuming Danes can to 8D?)
    Shasta
    Shasta

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Shasta Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Shasta allowed her ears to remain their regular position at the dog's seemingly very friendly reply. She then tilted her head at his question about her being in 'the pack'. Pack? She didn't realize there was such a thing here. She had only wandered to this place by chance, and didn't even intend on staying long, but the mentioning of a pack instantly caught her attention.

"Um, no, I'm not," she answered, still a bit weary about the canine. After being on the streets for so long, she had developed a bit of an over-cautious mind about strangers.
    Apollo
    Apollo
    Assembly Member
    Assembly Member

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Apollo Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:26 pm

"Hmm.. well I don't think you should be here unless your planning on joining" I said, calming down a bit. "You should talk to Ares, he's the boss" I instructed.
    Shasta
    Shasta

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Shasta Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:29 pm

"Oh," Shasta said simply at first to the dog's reply. "Ares..." she repeated, going over the name in her mind so she'd remember it later. "Any idea where I could find him, or what he looks like?" she asked, straightening up her posture and curling her tail up over her back as usual now that she felt a bit more relaxed.

(Forgot to add the last time, a few of my uncle's Labrador Retrievers to the butt-tail wag thing too, so I'd say all breeds can do it, hehe =D)
    Apollo
    Apollo
    Assembly Member
    Assembly Member

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Apollo Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:35 pm

"I don't know where he is, sorry" I shrugged, "But he's like orange, and spotted, and has satellite disc ears. He's pretty short too, well short to me, maybe not to you" I added a quick description.
    Shasta
    Shasta

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Shasta Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Shasta listened to what the dog had to say, then nodded after he had finished speaking. What he had described to her definitely sounded odd, out of the ordinary even, but she'd take his word for it. "Thanks for your help," she said with a nod, going to speak his name but realizing that she didn't know it. "My name is Shasta, by the way."
    Apollo
    Apollo
    Assembly Member
    Assembly Member

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Apollo Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:46 pm

"I'm Apollo" I said, I turned to look back the way I came, wondering if Ares was that way. I gave a loud, deep bark, calling him, hoping it was loud enough for him to hear.
    Ares
    Ares

Miniature Biography
    Mate: Not Available at this time
    Experience:

Post by Ares Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 pm

A male AWD padded his way into the amusement park, a blank look on his face as he examined the various broken down rides and old abandoned consession stands. His nose perked up and sniffed, getting a whiff of some old rotten cotten candy at one of the stands. "This place... is rather amusing, I haven't been to this part of the city before. Perhaps I could catch a still working ride." He spoke, voice deep and nearly hushed.

As he walked forward other scents started to fill the AWD's nose. His lips curled up into a slight snarl, but didn't do anything else. "I recognize the first scent, but the husky I have never met before." He grumbled, disregarding his original plan and instead heading to find out who this 'intruder' was.
    Apollo
    Apollo
    Assembly Member
    Assembly Member

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Apollo Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:52 pm

I barked again, just to make sure he heard before plopping down and sitting while I waited.
    Shasta
    Shasta

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Shasta Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:54 pm

"It's nice to meet you, Apollo," Shasta replied, but then jumped at the dog's deep bark, not quite expecting it, and definitely not expecting it to be so loud and booming. She guessed she could have seen such a deep bark coming from such a big dog. Assuming this to be a call for the pack leader, Shasta waited patiently for him to show up, if he did show up, that is.
    Ares
    Ares

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Ares Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:56 pm

His ears twitched as the sound of Apollo's bark reached his ears, after another flick to make sure he was hearing correctly he continued forward. "Apparently he's found the intruder." The AWD said, eyes scanning his surroundings for the two canids.

His eyes caught site of two indeviduals, a husky and a great dane. Both seemed to be chit-chatting. A smirk appeared on his face as he walked up, head held high. "And who might you be?" He questioned, eyes never leaving the face of the husky.
    Shasta
    Shasta

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Shasta Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Without much more waiting, Shasta felt the presence of something else enter the atmosphere, followed by a different, unique scent. Turning her head in that direction, Shasta was met with an strange looking animal. It looked dog like, but it's ears were quite large and oddly round, and it's pelt was very spotty and made up of different colors. As it made it's way closer to the two dogs, it spotted right in front of herself and spoke. Even before the words left it's mouth, Shasta identified it as the leader from it's very proud, dominant stance.

"My name is Shasta," she answered him, nodding in respect towards himself, then went on to state what she was here for, even if it wasn't originally what she came into this town was. "I am looking to join your pack."
    Artemis
    Artemis
    Assembly Member
    Assembly Member

Miniature Biography
    Mate: None
    Experience:

Post by Artemis Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:02 pm

The fae crossed her paws neatly and watched the canids converse. Her gaze was shifty, but it had mostly been focusing on the strange canid.
    Ares
    Ares

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Ares Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:14 pm

The male, Ares, closed his eyes and thought about it for a moment before opening them again, his eyes saying that he held the answer. "Alright, I suppose you can join. The more the merrier, welcome to the pack Shasta." He stated, "I'm sure you can tell already that I'm known as Ares."

Last edited by Ares on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding italic bbcode, it's bugging me.)
    Shasta
    Shasta

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Shasta Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Shasta couldn't help but to smile when Ares said that she was accepted into the pack. "Thank you, I greatly appreciate it," she said, her tail slightly wagging over her back. "Yes, Apollo here had told me your name," she added, still wondering what species or breed Ares was. She also wondered what exactly Apollo was, but she was sure she'd find out sooner or later. She felt it would be a bit rude to ask now.

Shasta then was sent deep into thought. So, she'd been accepted, but now what? She had met up with various wolf packs far up north, and from what she's learned they all had types of 'ranks'. She didn't know too much about them, but if this was also a pack, shouldn't there be ranks as well? "Excuse me, but do you also have ranks here?" Shasta asked Ares politely, tilting her head slightly.
    Ares
    Ares

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Ares Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:39 pm

"Yes, of course. Why wouldn't we?" Ares said, his tail flicking back and forth. He then sat down, relaxing his posture a bit knowing that this canine was now part of the pack. "And since you probably don't see many of my kind out of Africa, I'm an African Wild Dog to solve your curiosity." He said then smiled, "I can see the curiosity in your eyes."
    Shasta
    Shasta

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Shasta Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Shasta nodded, the pushed her curiosity about ranks a little further. "Do I get to choose one, or do you as the leader choose? I apologize, I don't know much about how packs work," she explained, laughing nervously. She then flushed slightly at the fact that Ares had picked up on her curiosity about what he was. Not that she really knew what and African Wild Dog was, it satisfied her to know what his species was called.

(YES DOGS BLUSH, LOL)
    Apollo
    Apollo
    Assembly Member
    Assembly Member

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Apollo Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:20 pm

My short attention span quickly led me away from the conversing canines and I clumsily bounded off in no particular direction.
    -Torture chamber-
    Ares
    Ares

Miniature Biography
    Experience:

Post by Ares Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Ares laughed slightly, he had never seen a dog blush before. It was rather an odd site for him to see. "Well, unless you want one at random... Feel free to choose, I'm not stopping you." He said giving a wink and a smirk, his tail lashing back and forth.

Without notification that the dog was listening, as they were walking away, he decided that it was best to go find out what this dog was up to and followed after them towards the castle.

- to the torture chaimber -

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content